HomeLike us on Facebook!
2014 CONFERENCE: Creating and Sustaining Vibrant Local Economies in Maine
March 22, 2014
Location: University of Maine at Augusta (Randall Student Resource Center Lounge)
Organizers interested in building vibrant, local economies arranged a statewide conference at the University of Maine at Augusta’s Randall Student Resource Center Lounge, with work-groups throughout the day.
A multitude of organizations, groups, and individuals committed to Maine’s future economy attended and shared skills and experiences with others. Together, we envisioned and began building vibrant local economies within which we can all live in dignity, honor and joy.
For those interested in assisting with the ongoing organizing process from this event, please use the CONTACT form and tell us about yourself, what you might like to offer or need, and your interests!
- Resources for Organizing and Social Change – ROSC
- Time Initiative of Maine – T.I.ME
- Women, Work, and Community, U/Maine at Augusta
- Cooperative Maine
- Food for Maine’s Future
- Maine Rural Partners
- Slow Money Maine
- Bureau of Labor Education/Univ. of Maine
- Peace and Justice Center of Eastern Maine
- Belfast Transition and Community Exchange
- Clark Mountain Community Land Trust
- Institute for Local Self Reliance
- Maine People’s Alliance
- Maine Small Business Coalition
- Meg Perry Center
- Food and Water Watch Maine
- Kennebec Local Food Initiative/Gardiner Food Co-op & Cafe
- Midcoast Permaculture (Rockland)
- Twin Villages Alliance (Damariscotta)
- Maine Association of Interdependent Neighborhoods (MAIN)
- Maine Council of Churches
- Southern Maine Action Network
- Center for an Ecology-Based Economy
- Envision This! Radio
- The Rachel Craig-Tom Sturtevant Peace Brigade
- MaineWORCs (Maine Worker Owned Rural Cooperatives)
- Portland Food Co-op
Like us on Facebook!